Crunchy chicken goujons with carrot 'fries'
These crunchy, chicken goujons (coated in a secret crispy batter) served with a side of healthy carrot 'fries', are great for a quick midweek meal your kids will love.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Place the flour and paprika in a bowl; season. Beat the eggs in a second bowl and put the rice snaps into a third.
- Lightly dust the chicken strips in the flour, then dip in the egg, before coating in the rice snaps. Put onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with half the oil.
- Place the carrots on a second tray, drizzle with the remaining oil and season. Put the chicken tray in the oven with the carrot tray underneath. Bake both for 20 mins, turning halfway through the cooking time, until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender and turning golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the beans according to the pack instructions. Mix the yogurt with the lemon juice; season to taste.
- To serve, divide the goujons, carrot fries and beans between 4 plates. Sprinkle a little paprika over the goujons. Add dollops of the yogurt dip to each plate.
See more Quick and Healthy recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.
View full recipe details