Jamie's roasted stuffed peppers
Jamie says: "This is perfect as part of a barbecue spread with grilled meat or fish, or as a tasty summer meal in its own right. My trick is to roast the peppers before stuffing them – they’ll be super-soft and sweet."
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Halve and deseed the peppers and bash the unpeeled garlic cloves. Put it all in a large roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 30 mins, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, squash, destone and roughly chop the olives, then put them in a large bowl with the couscous. Add a good grating of lemon zest and squeeze in half the juice. Pick half the parsley leaves and set aside for later, then finely chop the rest, stalks and all, and add to the bowl. Add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and pour over enough boiling water to just cover the couscous. Cover with a plate and leave to stand for 5 mins.
- Remove the tin from the oven and move the peppers to a plate for a moment. Squeeze the soft garlic flesh into the tin, discarding the skins, then add the tomatoes and harissa. Crush it all with a potato masher and season to perfection.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then divide and spoon into the softened peppers. Sit the peppers in the sauce, crumble over the feta, then return the tin to the oven for a further 30 mins, or until the sauce is thick and reduced and the peppers are soft and sweet.
- Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice, chop and sprinkle over the reserved parsley leaves and serve with a dollop of yogurt, if you like.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
View full recipe details