Sam's 'saviour' steak salad
When Sam's housemate Jess gets on the wrong side of a spray tan, Sam knows just what'll cheer her up: a juicy Tesco Finest 30-day matured rib-eye steak, pan-fried to perfection. Sam serves slices of the tender steak with green beans and dollops of soft goat's cheese – not to mention some very appropriate orange and roasted carrots!
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Toss the carrots in 1 tbsp olive oil and the sumac on a large baking tray. Season and roast in the oven for 15 mins until almost cooked through. Add the green beans to the tray, toss and cook for a further 5-8 mins until just cooked with a bite. Remove and set aside.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and stir in the orange zest.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Season the steak well, then sear each side for 2 mins for medium, 3 mins for medium-well done, and 4 mins for well done. Set aside to rest for 5 mins.
- Lay the carrots and orange slices on a serving plate, then drizzle with the dressing and dollop over the goat’s cheese. Sprinkle over a little extra sumac.
- Slice the steak thinly, then serve with the carrot salad and green beans on the side.
Tip: Any cut of steak will work in this recipe. Choose your favourite from the Tesco Finest range of 30-day matured steaks and cook to your liking.
See more Food Love Stories
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
View full recipe details