Veggie quesadilla bake
Jamie Oliver says, "If you're a big fan of quesadillas, trust me, you're going to love this! I've taken things to the next level by stacking them in layers, then baking to create a flavour-packed tower of veggie goodness with the most incredible combination of textures. Plus, it's healthy, too – double win!"
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Deseed and slice the peppers, and peel and finely slice the onions, reserving half an onion for later, then place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle over ½ tbsp of oil, season with ½ tsp paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes or until caramelised.
- Drain the beans, add the remaining paprika and the chilli sauce, then mash to a paste.
- Brush a 20cm springform cake tin with oil, then grate a little of the Cheddar onto the base and sides.
- Line the tin with a tortilla, turning up the edges, then spread over 1 tbsp of the beans, top with ¼ of the peppers and onions, then grate over a little more Cheddar. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, finishing with cheese. Bake for 15 mins or until golden, then let stand while you make the salsa.
- Drain the sweetcorn, finely grate over the zest from 1 lime and squeeze in the juice, then finely chop and add the reserved onion. Chop the coriander (stalks and all) and add most of it to the bowl, then season to taste.
- Slice the bake into wedges; dollop salsa over each portion. Sprinkle with the remaining coriander, add a dash of chilli sauce and serve with lime wedges.
Jamie's tip: "Peppers are great for adding crunch, colour and sweetness, and they’re high in vitamin C, too!"
See more Healthy recipes
View full recipe details