Grilled chicken Caesar salad with herby flatbreads
Ideal for a healthy, light lunch, take the makings of a chicken Caesar salad and give it the spring treatment with a good grilling. Serve with Caesar dressing and Grana Padano to guarantee a taste sensation!
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Divide the garlic, parsley, thyme and lemon zest between 2 bowls. Add the juice of 1½ lemons to one of the bowls, followed by the mustard, yogurt, 2 tbsp water and 1½ tbsp oil; whisk together to make a dressing. Season; pop in the fridge.
- Stir the remaining 1½ tbsp oil into the second bowl; season. Brush a little over the flatbreads, then arrange on a baking sheet. Brush more of the oil over the cut surfaces of the Little Gems and set aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a board, ‘opening’ them up as much as possible. Bash the thickest parts gently with a rolling pin so the breasts are an even thickness. Add them to the second bowl and turn to coat.
- Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Cook the chicken in a single layer for 3-4 mins each side, turning, until well-coloured and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and squeeze over the remaining lemon. Keep the pan on the heat and add the lettuce halves, cut side down. Cook for 1-2 mins until beginning to char, then transfer to a board.
- Bake the flatbreads for 7 mins until warmed through. Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts crosswise into strips and stir the dressing well. Divide the flatbreads between serving plates and top with the lettuce, cucumber and chicken. Serve with the dressing and cheese.
See more Chicken salad recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
View full recipe details