Veggie stir-fried rice
Jamie says:"You can get this quick and comforting takeaway favourite on the table faster than any delivery".
- Place a large, dry frying pan on a medium heat and toast the peanuts for 3 mins until golden. Use a pestle and mortar to bash until crushed.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic and ginger. Place the pan back on a medium heat with 1 tbsp groundnut oil. Fry the garlic and ginger for 3 mins until golden, then transfer half to a plate and set aside.
- Place the pan on a high heat, add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the grains with 1 tbsp hoisin sauce and toss until everything is piping hot and coated in the sauce.
- Place a smaller, lidded frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp hoisin sauce with 2 tbsp water. Once bubbling, crack in the eggs and pop the lid on. Cook the eggs for 2 mins, or until cooked to your liking.
- Pack the veggie rice into little bowls and turn out onto serving plates for old-school presentation style! Cut the lime in half and click apart the lettuce leaves into cups, then arrange on the side with a little pile of crushed peanuts. Top the rice with the hoisin egg, sprinkle over the reserved crispy garlic and ginger, squeeze over the lime and tuck in!
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
View full recipe details