Jamie's beetroot fritters
Jamie says: "I love vac-packed beetroot – it’s already cooked, so it’s easy to use and lasts for ages. Buddied up with zingy tomato salsa, and a spinach and feta yogurt, these bold, bright fritters are as tasty as they are easy to make".
- Put most of the spinach, the yogurt and a third of the feta in a food processor, drizzle in a little olive oil and blitz until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Drain the beetroot and put most of it in the food processor (no need to clean it). Add the four, eggs and a pinch of seasoning, then pulse until combined. Trim and roughly chop 2 of the spring onions, then pulse into the batter with the remaining beetroot and another third of the feta – this will give your fritters a nice chunky texture.
- Drizzle a little oil into a large non- stick frying pan over a medium heat, add tablespoons of batter (12 in total) and cook for 2-3 mins each side or until golden and cooked through – you may need to work in batches (cover with foil to keep warm, if needed).
- Roughly chop the tomatoes with the remaining spring onions, then toss in a bowl with 1 tsp each red wine vinegar and olive oil; season.
- Divide the yogurt between plates, top with the remaining spinach leaves, then stack up the fritters. Spoon the tomato salsa over and crumble over the remaining feta.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
View full recipe details