Speedy quiche traybake
Jamie Oliver says, "This genius recipe takes the hassle out of making quiche from scratch."
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease a 25 x 35cm roasting tray with 1 tsp olive oil. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Layer the filo sheets into the tray, laying one sheet horizontally and the next vertically, repeating as you layer, brushing a little of the egg between each sheet. (Make sure they cover the base of the tray and go up the sides so it can contain the filling.) Add a final brush to the last layer and scrunch up any excess pastry that hangs over.
- Finely slice the spring onions and add to the bowl. Coarsely grate the Cheddar (reserving a little for the top) and the courgette, then add them to the bowl. Break the broccoli into florets, then thinly slice and add to the bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper, then mix together.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared pastry case, spreading it out so it’s in an even layer, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook for 35 mins, on a low shelf in the oven, until the pastry is golden and the filling is set.
See more Quiche recipes
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
View full recipe details