15-minute picnic pasta
Jamie says: "This no-cook pasta sauce is perfect for a quick lunch or picnic salad. While the pasta is cooking, simply blitz everything in a blender and it’s done"
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Pick the smaller basil leaves and set aside. Roughly chop the cucumber. Deseed and roughly chop the red pepper and put in a blender with the tomatoes and cucumber (reserving a handful of both), sundried tomatoes, chilli, garlic, the bigger basil leaves and stalks, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and 1 tbsp each of olive oil and vinegar. Blitz until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, then pour over the sauce and toss to coat. Tip onto a serving platter.
- Drain the tuna and quarter the remaining tomatoes, then place in a bowl. Drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil, then season and toss together.
- Top the pasta with the dressed tuna, tomatoes and cucumber. Scatter over the reserved basil leaves and crumble over the feta.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes.
View full recipe details